100 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married
+Ask About Love and Marriage
A Real Wedding Feature: Kathleen and Garrett’s Vineyard Wedding
For this real wedding, Kathleen and Garrett created their dream Vineyard wedding at Lake Oak Meadows. This gorgeous venue is located in Temecula, California. They chose it for it’s serene beauty and the intimacy it creates.
Take a glimpse into this real wedding for inspiration, as well as tips on how to make this real wedding your own.
As we have seen these last weeks, marriage ceremonies throughout the world are so different that you will never see exactly the same celebration on any. Each country has different customs and traditions that make their weddings unique. This week, we will be learning about the picturesque Chinese weddings.
Before the process of the wedding starts, an intermediary takes care of all the formalities of the proposal. First they will give one gift to the parents of the bride and the groom and also get the birth information of her so they can investigate. An expert will decide if their marriage will be viable based on astrology. If it is, the groom’s parents will provide details about their son to do the same and compare their astrological chart. If everything goes well, both families will meet and evaluate the agreement.
Once the marriage is decided, they start exchanging gifts between the two families. The parents of the bride are in charge of choosing the date of the wedding. This whole process can take even up to two years.
To prepare for the wedding, the bride will be in a secluded room with her closest friends. During that time, they will sing to cry over the loss of her family. In the meantime, the groom will get the bridal bed installed the day before the wedding. However, they are usually helped by someone who has a lot of children since that is considered to give them luck.
Something very typical about Chinese weddings is color red. Red for them symbolizes love and prosperity. Therefore, it is used in the bride and groom’s gowns, decorations, gifts and much more. The bride, dress in red, will get her hair arranged as a symbol of the initiation of adulthood. Also, she will get a red veil to cover her face and she is taken to her parents as a gratitude sign. Once she is ready, there will be a procession to take her to her future husband’s house. The groom, also in red, will undergo some ceremonies at the altar.
They will the go to enjoy dinner at the bride’s house and at this point, the veil is taken off the bride’s face which, after a series of rituals, represents that the couple is now married. Then, the couple will offer a cup of tea to their respective parents-in-law to signify they have become one family. After that, the bride receives her wedding gift. A red envelope with money.
Finally, the wedding celebration ends with a huge feast accompanied with fireworks, cigars and confetti.
We have been learning about weddings from the world, their different customs, traditions and much more. This time, we will talk about Buddhist weddings. When we think on a Buddhist wedding, we might imagine the bride with a super colorful wedding dress and a priest that looks like Dalai Lama. However, our perception and believes of other culture weddings are usually based on what we have seen on movies or TV shows and the reality is nothing similar to that.
When discussing marriage in the Buddhist religion, it is important to take into account that they do not have a specific wedding ritual or ceremony because they do not consider marriage a religious event; therefore, when they celebrate a wedding, what they do is the called couple’s blessing. Even if they take different traditions and symbols from other religion weddings, the ceremony is not as stiff as a Muslim or catholic wedding.
Buddhists give a great deal of importance to astrology, that’s why everything related to commitment and weddings is dictated by the monks who, beforehand, prepare and interpret the couple’s astrological chart. Based on those, they determine different aspects such as the time and date of the wedding.
They marry in front of an altar that has the Buddha. It is usually decorated with flowers and other elements chosen by the couple. Friends and family will be behind the couple and the Buddhist monk will usually be standing higher than the rest of the people.
During the wedding ceremony, the couple must be together in a posture known as the Wai, which is gesture of respect, before receiving the Buddhist monk’s blessing. Then, the monks will start the ceremony with a sermon and once he finishes sharing his thoughts, he will lead the vow interchange which is a vital part of a Buddhist wedding.
Once done, to express their gratitude, the couple offers food to the monks and Buddha and the monks will chant the wedding prayer and then will eat. Only after they finish eating, the senior monk will bless the couple and all the guests with holy water.
The celebration after the wedding ceremony is a traditional wedding party with food, music and dancing. The type of food will depend on the country where the couple is from but it usually includes pork, beef, rice and other traditional dishes.
A wedding in fall is awesome! Trees and leaves gives such a magical landscape full of color and texture. Beside the weather is perfect for you to use the dress you wish without worrying if it is going to be hot or cold. Most importantly, the season is full of delicious flavors! Pumpkins, apples, nuts, cider and much more culinary pleasures. Therefore, if you are planning to get married in autumn, you will definitely be inspired by a lot of elements when designing your wedding cake. Here we share with you some ideas for you to get motivated!
- Get inspiration from spiced apples and ask get some thin strips of stretched caramel as decoration. In addition, you can use a nice autumn arrangement with dry branches to resemble a fall background.
- Offer a real tribute to fall by including colorful autumn dry leaves not only to the decoration of the cake but also of the table where it would be located. You may also add a beautiful fall tree instead of the classic cake toppers.
- A great floral autumn theme would be recreated by including sunflowers, hypericum berries, min roses in different colors and a few maple leafs. This will definitely make your cake look amazing!!
- Use calla lilies to really catch everyone’s attention and make your cake elegant and modern. White calla lilies can be used as part of the cake to make it a master architectural piece by inserting them inside the cake.
- A creative and delicious way to decorate your cake with an autumnal wedding theme is using seasonal fruits. Since fall is a harvest season, you have a lot to choose from. You may use fresh fruit or you can opt to use caramelized or crystallized fruit. This is a great options since it will fill your cake with flavors and colors!
- Are you a chocolate lover? Then why not including chocolate covered fruit to your wedding cake. Also add melted chocolate to the top of your cake so it then spills over the other layers. You may use chocolate covered strawberries and keep the leaves uncovered to make it look more colorful! You can also use white chocolate for a more elegant cake or if you prefer, use leaves, flowers and fruits made of chocolate. Yummy!
There are many more ways in which you may incorporate autumn into your wedding cake, just let your imagination and creativity fly!
If you have been invited to a Muslim wedding and you are not sure what to expect, keep reading this comprehensive guide to avoid any surprise. Find below the most important facts:
- Muslim weddings are held in a Mosque and before the Imam (religious and sometimes political leader). The tradition dictates that all preparations related to the bride’s wedding day, such as clothing or accessories, should not be seen by the groom before the wedding ceremony or it will be bad luck.
- Islam allows men to marry Christian or Jewish women because those religions have a holy book, however, Muslim women are not allowed to marry a man who is not Muslim.
- The marriage contract has to be certified by the groom and his tutor—known as Wali—and at the ceremony, the Wali dedicates some words to the couple.
- The provisions and laws are contained in their holy book called the Koran which is read during the ceremony.
- The traditional dowry is not what most people believe. It is a gift from the future husband to his wife-to-be; for instance, an engagement ring, earrings, among others.
- The couple must appear before the “sheikh” (a kind of Islamic magistrate) with three witnesses to perform the marriage contract.
- According to Islamic law, after the ceremony, the couple is legally and spiritually bound; nevertheless, the bride returns home to plan the wedding celebration which happens one or two weeks after.
- A Muslim wedding usually lasts from three days to a week.
- The first night’s celebration is exclusive for women. The bride wears a kaftan and has henna marks on her hands and feet to keep the evil spirits away. Each symbol drawn has a meaning. The bride also enjoys a Hamman which is a relaxing steam bath that purifies her. That night, she is escorted by other women with candles, incense, chants and dances that allude to her beauty and to the process she is about to experience.
- The mother of the groom, hands a tray with keys, bread and milk. The key represents the welcoming to the new family and the food represents abundance.
- From the second night and on, there is a festival for all family and friends. The celebration depicts all the Muslim tradition and folklore.
- Unlike other religions, in Muslim weddings, women open the dance!
Are you ready to perfect wedding dress? Choosing the ideal wedding dress is one of the most important tasks of a bride; therefore, everything related to it has to be flawless so she finds in the mood to buy it. So, no matter if you love them or are dear friends, there are five people who you should leave out when you buy your wedding dress.
There is always that girl interested in fashion who thinks she is an expert in image design. If you don’t want to suffer by someone telling you that you look fat, too thin, flat boobs, pear body or that white doesn’t really suit you well. Please don’t you ever take her to buy your wedding dress! You will definitely not feel comfortable with her comments and she can even make you feel insecure about the dress you might want to get home.
The Single Mother who Hates Weddings
This is a definite no! When you choose the perfect wedding dress, you must be a little selfish. That means that all eyes should be on you and all comments must help you decide which dress is perfect for your body type. If you invite a friend who hates marriage, weddings and everything relate, will most likely end up sucking up your energy.
The Girl who is Getting Married and Wants Attention
It is to be nasty or have a bad attitude, but it is common that this girls discuss everything related to your wedding in a way that attracts the attention to their wedding and them. It may happen that when you are trying your dress, she will be talking about heirs and how prettier or expensive it will be. You want to feel like a princess that day, regardless of what type of dress you are buying, so keep her away.
The Very Judgmental Girl
Yes, there will always be that rude person who says exactly she has in mind. Although frankness may be appreciated in some scenarios, choosing your wedding dress is not one of those. You want to be surrounded by people with the right attitude because you will most likely be super sensitive due to all the nerves and emotions. If you want to be with positive and supportive people, do not invite her.
The Married and Depressed
This is a big DON’T. If you have a married friend who is really depressed, never invite her. It is feasible that she will keep talking about her wedding and how sad she is because it was not as good as she expected and so on. If you don’t want to start with the wrong foot, leave her out of your special choosing day.
The day you go to choose your wedding dress, make sure you invite people with a great attitude and who you feel comfortable with. Those who understand your emotions and feelings in making such an important decision. Just go with those who get you and enjoy!
The artistic wedding photography style is that which displays the photographer’s point of view and his or her own creative vision. It is art and far from portraying all scenes as realistic and close-ups of the bride and groom, it presents a much more fine type of art in which the wedding is depicted as a fairy tale. Artistic photographers play with light, color, angles, framing and the scenery to make of each shot a work of art.
When talking about weddings, there are the classic photos everybody wants to have. However, instead of a classis approach, we will show you how these classic pics will look from an artistic style perspective. Let’s take a look:
It is common to see pictures of the bride getting ready, the venue before the ceremony or other preparation shoots. Artistic style proposes something more creative. The bride’s dress hanging close to the shoes and other accessories is a sweet idea.
Of course there will be lots and lots of ceremony pictures; however, the photographer must make sure he/she takes advantage of the light, color and framing to make an artwork out of a beautiful; yet, common scene.watch full movie 47 Meters Down 2017
The most expected and magical moment of the wedding and it should not be taken for granted. A very romantic kiss under the bride’s veil or it fluttering by the wind would make a perfect photography of the newlyweds.
The Bridesmaids or the Flower Girl and Rig Bearer
A nice picture of the bridesmaids using natural light in a chosen scenario or a shoot of the flowers and the ring being carried by the children will be an amazing artistic photo.
The First Wedding Dance
The first wedding dance is such a romantic image that you will never want to forget. A bokeh photo (photo style in which the image seems a little blurred), would be a ideal taking advantage of the light surrounding the couple.
When a new couple is looking to get engaged, buying that engagement ring can be pretty daunting. Unless the couple comes from a family of Jewelers or are somehow super up to date on how much a diamond is going for these days, it can be hard to know how much money will equal what size diamond. Looking online at Pinterest can be deceptive and even looking online at jeweler stores can be misleading because you are not really going to get a real feel for the ring to price ratio.
Your best bet is really going to be going into Jewelers and seeing what is out there, but again, that can be a little nerve racking and time consuming, while also leaving that question of is there something better somewhere else? Especially if you are not shopping together and the asker is trying to find that perfect ring on his/her own.
So, after a quick survey and a little bit of digging, here is some info on what real wedding rings costs for real people (ie. We can’t compare to celebrities or people with a disposable income because a Million dollar ring is not often realistic…not that celebrities and uber rich people are not real people too).