Just like there are blogs -like ours- that share wedding ideas, hoping to inspire new brides to create and enjoy their dream wedding, there are also those that hate on every wedding trend that has every existed. Like every one. Sure, trends change. Some can be “overdone” and other’s end up not being functional and need to change.
The Wedding Dress: White or not to White
It is traditional in many cultures to wear a white wedding dress. Surprise! Okay, so that isn’t a big shocker. For the most part it has to do with representing purity or in some cultures, virginity. Either way when someone says wedding dress, people think white. Wedding dresses have grown in styles, but the traditional white is still the most dominant and breaking the trend of the white wedding dress is often the most statement making veer from tradition. So if you run in a more traditional crowed – grandpa will have a heart attack if you walk down the aisle in a gorgeous ruby gown – be prepared for possible back lash. However, for those wanting a unique wedding dress, this can be one of the funnest wedding traditions to break
Really this could be any bold color, but jeweled tones are one hundred percent on trend this year. A jewel toned wedding dress would be keeping with top trends, but also be a huge step out of tradition! The key to still keeping the bridal look will be in all the styling. Imagine this unique wedding dress with an emerald lace veil and a bouquet of all white flowers. Can you say show stopper? Continue reading
A Romantic Wedding Cake Topper to Fall in Love With
Willow Tree figurines are both unique and romantic. This makes it a no-brainer when including them in our wedding cake topper selection. This “Together” cake topper is particularly special as it features a beautiful base with carved flowers. This is the kind of attention to detail that makes a piece spectacular.
This figurine measures 6″ tall and the paint and resin are both cured and lead free. Additionally, all materials have been affirmed and tested for food safety!
Why We Love it:
One of the main reasons we love this cake topper is because it can transition seamlessly from cake topper to collectible. This figurine adds a romantic touch to both your wedding cake and your home. Furthermore, the base adds more stability the a Willow Tree figurine that is not designed to also work as a cake topper. Finally, the featureless faces of the figurine allow any bride and groom to connect with the piece as their own; seeing in it themselves versus a generic face. This makes this wedding cake topper truly unique.
Wedding Themes it Matches:
This cake topper has a more specific look than many of our traditional wedding cake toppers. It will match and enhance the following wedding themes:
- Fairy tale
Where to get it:
This cake topper style can most easily be located under our wedding cake toppers tab in the Willow Tree cake toppers category. Similar cake toppers in this style include the personalized “Promise” cake topper and the equally beautiful “Chrysalis” figurine. If you are in love with this specific cake topper, simply follow the link here.
What is your number one priority when looking for a wedding cake topper?
Size? Style? Can use as home decor? Customization?
Choosing the Perfect Wedding Dress
In part of our choosing the perfect wedding dress series, we gave you some ideas to take into account your body shape and those areas you want to conceal in order to make your body look much better. Now, let’s continue with more useful tips and make sure you remember them when choosing your wedding dress so you take the best out of your figure!
If you are tall, try a dress with lace or any other decoration to give the dress dimension. If, in addition, you are thin, you can let yourself be free to try a variety of gowns to see what feels the best on you.
If you are blessed with curves, choose a dress fitted at the waist and that has minimal decorations on the hip or chest. Go for lightweight fabrics that fit well and flow freely.
If you have a pear body shape (small waistline with curvy hips), try a dress fitted at the top and then have volume flowing down. This will make your torso and neckline to look tight and draw attention to enhance the upper part of your figure.
If you love your back and want to show it off, look for an open back with a deep cut to the lower back. These designs look amazing if you have a curved back.
Now, finding the perfect wedding dress is essential; however, it is also important to consider other elements that will not only complement but also reflect the bride’s personality on her whole look. Now that you selected the best fit for your body, you need to decide which accessories you will wear to make your outfit perfect.
Concentrate, be calm and think which accessories you want to wear to match your dress and not look too charged. There are jewelry, tiaras, veils, gloves, hair accessories, purses and much more accessories to choose from and the decision should be based on the style of the bride, the weather/location and the dress.
Something else you should consider is the design and the color of the dress. Therefore, the accessories will combine with it instead of standing out and discredit the dress.
Finally, it is vital to pay special attention to the shoes. Remember you will be standing for many hours plus the dancing and greeting and your feet will definitely appreciate comfortable shoes. Look for elegant, beautiful and comfy shoes. Make sure to choose your size and a height you can handle. Also remember that many brides opt for two pairs of shoes; one to show for photos and for the ceremony, and another for an outdoor photo session and reception dancing.
Overall, choosing the perfect wedding dress will have a huge impact on your big day. The more beautiful you look, the more beautiful you will feel.
Tips for Short Brides
A woman should always wear what best suits her body and the wedding day must not be an exception. If you want to look stunning at your big day, make sure you choose the right dress for your body. Here are some tips for short brides to take into account when buying the dress and preparing your wedding look.download film Steve Jobs now
- The first thing you should take into account is volume. When you are short, you should avoid a lot of volume and instead, go for a tube or mermaid cut dress. The tightest your dress is, the taller you will look. In case you want to have a little volume on your dress, we recommend you to wear an A-line one.
- A dress with jewel details is also a great choice. The only thing you must take into account is that the jewelry must never be below your hips and of course, you should not abuse them; otherwise, the effect will not be as desired.
- When you are to choose the color, go for only one shade. Combining colors or shades will actually make you look shorter and that is what we want to avoid. Also, try not to choose a dress with prints.
- Elude any round-necked dress, it will not favor you at all. Instead choose a V-neckline which not only stylize your shoulders and neck, but it will only make you seem taller. Don’t be afraid of wearing a cleavage, it will definitely flatter your figure.
- As a bride to be, you may probably be dreaming with a long tail or vail. However, we are afraid to tell you that in your case, this is not a good idea as it will emphasize your height. Instead of a veil, you could wear a beautiful headdress which will make you look elegant and even taller.
- Stay away from big accessories. You could wear whatever you like but of an average size so you do not overdo your look.
- Shoes are your best allies when you are short. Therefore, do not be afraid to wear high heels. The higher they are, the higher you will look. Of course, do not compromise comfort. Choose high heels that you know you will be able to carry all day without ending up walking weird or with a terrible feet pain.
- Finally, a great tip to get a couple additional centimeters is with your hairstyle. Bet for high ponytails or buns. These will not only make you look elegant but also taller.
Hopefully, these tips will help you looks even better for your special day. Good luck!
The wedding hairstyle is vital if you want to look the best on your wedding day. To find the perfect one, you must take into account your personality, your dress’ design, make up and of course, rely on a good hair stylist to make you look absolutely gorgeous.
Since your wedding day will be super busy for you, please avoid last minute decisions and make sure everything is carefully planned. The best you can do is to visit the chosen hairstylist several months in advance so you can both plan ahead and even choose the dates for the hairstyle tests.Nocturnal Animals movie streaming
There is a wide variety of styles trending right now in regards to wedding hairstyles. However, keep in mind that if what you want is to look simply beautiful, you do not have to strictly choose a hairstyle sticking to the latest trends, but choose one that suits your personality and the rest of your wedding look. Still let’s talk a little about tendencies.
Braids are the trendiest of the season. No matter if it as a diadem, herringbone, sideways, or from the neck to the top of the head, they are always a simple and right choice. The best about them is that you could always include nice details such as flowers, spikes and other minimal decoration to match the rest of your wedding look. Twisted hair, which is very similar to a braid, is also a great idea. You can wear a half up or have loose hair while wearing a headband made with your own hair.
If you want a classic style, tied up hair will always be the protagonist. Buns are super elegant in different versions and shapes and they work perfectly in case you want to lengthen your neck and increase the volume at the top of your head.
If you have long hair, your best shot will be half ups and wearing your hair loose. Nobody says that a bride must as a rule wear her hair up on her wedding day. Actually, it is more common to see brides showing off their beautiful hair on their most special day. Besides, there are beautiful and chic headbands in vogue that you could use to complement your look. More and more brides are also choosing to het balayage and ombré for their wedding day. Many celebrities are wearing this popular hairstyle because it looks natural, beautiful and romantic.
It may seem complicated to choose the right style, but just remember to take into account:
- Your face and hair: If you have a round face, wear a simple style but if you have an oval face, you can play more with different styles. If you have short hair, you can always resort to hair extension!
- The wedding’s time and place: If your wedding is at night or indoors, you can go with a more elegant style. Meanwhile, a day and outdoors wedding allows you wear a more relaxed look
- The dress and veil: Make sure everything is in harmony and suits together.
Remember that the wedding day is not a time to start experimenting your styles. Choose a hairstyle that makes you feel comfortable and that highlights your natural beauty.