How to Include Your Canine in Your Wedding
Your getting married. You are inviting another person to be your partner in life. Side by side, through thick and thin, ups, downs, happily ever after. BUT, you already have a handsome gentlemen growler or little lady yapper that has snuggled into your heart and you want him or her to be apart of your big wedding day! No big deal, go for it, but think it through!
First off, ask yourself some questions:
- How well trained is your pup?
- Will he or she be easily distracted by people, ribbons flying in the wind, or flower petals on the floor?
- If you want your pup to be a part of your ceremony, can you trust the dog to not relieve him or herself or bark during the ceremony or say on the aisle way? Would it be a devastating or just a funny story if it did?
If you want your pup to be a part of your ceremony or wedding day, but cannot trust or rely on him or her to be quiet and on que, then you may want to rethink including your dog, unless you are open to some spontaneous barking or possible disasters. Or look at ways that include your dog, but keeps him or her away from the wedding day spotlight.
Areas you can incorporate your canine bud in your wedding:
- Flower girl/ Flower girl escort
- Best Man / Groomsman
- Maid of Honer / Bridesmaid
- Include him or her in your engagement photos (Non Spotlighty)
Okay, so he or she is gonna be at your wedding (or at the very least in your photos), so he or she needs to dress the part!
Pet clothes are no longer just for the teenage girl that insists on putting her male poodle in a pink tutu, a dog that is going to be in a wedding is going to look sharp in their best dress dog clothes. Wedding collectibles has a wide selection of bow ties, suit colors, shirts. and dresses that will help you give your dog the wedding look.