One of the best parts about planning out any dream wedding is going to be, of course, the wedding cake. There are so many flavor combinations to choose from, what kind of cake it should be, and not to mention the wedding cake topper as a final decoration to really tie everything together. But, like most aspects of a wedding, there are trends that come and go any bride and groom should be aware of. What are the most trendy in wedding cakes and wedding cake toppers? Check out a full list below:
Wedding Cake Toppers and Trends
- Highly specialized and customized cakes with monograms or a personalized touch dear to the happy couple’s relationship. No more towering cakes that are just there to be eaten, wedding cakes also should reflect the overall theme of the big day.
- Flowers are always a wedding staple but they have since grown up from being little buds of frosting or on a cake. Instead, couples are using real flowers, craft flowers, or even ones delicately made out of sculpted sugar.
- Boxy cakes are quite on trend right now, which make it more stable if it’s a multiple layer cake as well as easier to eat and cut into. Normally these types of cakes are specially made by a baker’s shop and wrapped in a fondant.
- Pleats aren’t just for the bridesmaids dresses any longer. They can also be incorporated into the design of the wedding cake, instantly adding some chic and modern flair.
Wedding Cake Topper Trends
- Don’t be afraid to get a little quirky with the wedding cake topper! Characters from Disney and other franchises can be used or even non-traditional couples on top of the cake in order to truly express the personality of the bride and groom.
- For a more contemporary and chic topper, the wedding cake can be adorned with a specially made monogram topper that can be kept as a keepsake.
- There is also the wedding cake topper which takes pictures and turns them into “best of” memories on a plaque for the happy couple.
The wedding cake and cake topper are just as important as the rest of the wedding, but it can still be affordable and unforgettable with the right kind of resources. These tops trends should give some inspiration for couples looking to make their wedding unique but still on trend.