A wedding in fall is awesome! Trees and leaves gives such a magical landscape full of color and texture. Beside the weather is perfect for you to use the dress you wish without worrying if it is going to be hot or cold. Most importantly, the season is full of delicious flavors! Pumpkins, apples, nuts, cider and much more culinary pleasures. Therefore, if you are planning to get married in autumn, you will definitely be inspired by a lot of elements when designing your wedding cake. Here we share with you some ideas for you to get motivated!
- Get inspiration from spiced apples and ask get some thin strips of stretched caramel as decoration. In addition, you can use a nice autumn arrangement with dry branches to resemble a fall background.
- Offer a real tribute to fall by including colorful autumn dry leaves not only to the decoration of the cake but also of the table where it would be located. You may also add a beautiful fall tree instead of the classic cake toppers.
- A great floral autumn theme would be recreated by including sunflowers, hypericum berries, min roses in different colors and a few maple leafs. This will definitely make your cake look amazing!!
- Use calla lilies to really catch everyone’s attention and make your cake elegant and modern. White calla lilies can be used as part of the cake to make it a master architectural piece by inserting them inside the cake.
- A creative and delicious way to decorate your cake with an autumnal wedding theme is using seasonal fruits. Since fall is a harvest season, you have a lot to choose from. You may use fresh fruit or you can opt to use caramelized or crystallized fruit. This is a great options since it will fill your cake with flavors and colors!
- Are you a chocolate lover? Then why not including chocolate covered fruit to your wedding cake. Also add melted chocolate to the top of your cake so it then spills over the other layers. You may use chocolate covered strawberries and keep the leaves uncovered to make it look more colorful! You can also use white chocolate for a more elegant cake or if you prefer, use leaves, flowers and fruits made of chocolate. Yummy!
There are many more ways in which you may incorporate autumn into your wedding cake, just let your imagination and creativity fly!