Do you know what details you should consider when choosing your wedding rings?
It is not only the budget you have available for the engagement and marriage rings, it is also vital to know the characteristics that make on ring more valuable than another and there is, of course, the sentimental side.
There are some aspects you should know before buying the rings, we have listed them for you below:
- Before starting the search, you must definitely define your budget. Usually, it is the groom who takes the lead because, by tradition, he will buy the engagement ring. However, some couples decide to buy all the rings together so they must discuss how much money they may spend.
- Visit different jewelers to get an idea of the current price ranges, characteristics and other details such as reservation, installment payments, custom fit, initial engraving and discounts.
- Some jewelry shops offer a package that includes the engagement ring plus the wedding rings, so you have a clearer idea on how much you may spend.
- Do not confuse the carat of the stone with the carat of the gold. The carat in stones refers to the mass of the stone while for gold it refers to the fineness of it.
- There are a variety of stones that can be used for wedding rings and its value is priced according to their size, color and the less amount of imperfections.
- Besides yellow and white gold, there are also rings made of platinum; however, due to its high cost, fewer jewelers provide them.
- When choosing, it is vital to take into account the taste and personality of the bride. The groom should know if she prefers yellow or white gold, flashy or discreet, modern or classic. If chosen correctly, the bride will wear it proudly as a symbol of the love union.
You may also take into account the new tendencies:
- White gold is currently the most popular.
- Brides are looking for rings that do not have a lot of stones around the main one.
- Most women are interested in single rings with small stones so they don’t risk to hit it or stay hooked in their clothes.
- Sapphire rings such as the ones worn by Princess Diana and Kate Middleton are in vogue now.