You don’t know how to dance or you don’t are too into the wedding dance? Don’t worry! Even if most weddings have a wedding first dance, there are some grooms and brides who prefer to replace that with other activities. Here you have some ideas so you can use them as an alternative or as ideas to come up with your own one.
1) The first idea is that you choose love songs that you like a lot or that have a special meaning for you. Then, you can organize a karaoke. But not a regular one. It would be a sort of competition of the guests against the bride and groom. You can have little gifts as rewards.
2) Something else you can do is to show a video of how you two met, images of your childhood, your best moments together, etc. You can even tape a video thanking your guests for being there.
3) The third proposal is the shoe game. The couple will sit in a chair giving their back to the each other. Each will have a bride and a groom shoe in each hand. A volunteer will ask you questions and depending on the question, each of you will raise the shoe of the person who is best suited for the answer. This will show how much you agree in your answers and how much you happen to know each other.
Here are some questions that you can use:
- Who wears the pants in the relationship?
- Who cooks better?
- Who drives better?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who is the best kisser?
- Whose feet smell worse?
- Which of the two says “I love you” more often?
- Who spends more money?
- Who spends more time on Facebook?
- Who is the most conceited?
4) You can also do a monologue about marriage. Prepare yourself and you can choose the funniest friend you have to memorize and recite the monologue. Or, it if is possible, you can pay a professional that creates a special monologue for you.
5) A great game that will keep your guests wide awake throughout the wedding is “I spy.” Put disposable cameras at each table for guests to capture moments in photos. Then, you will keep the photos as souvenirs for the couple.
6) You can also put a photo booth which is becoming very popular- To make it even better, you may give a small prize to the table that makes the funniest picture.
7) Another original idea and popular idea for the nightfall is to release balloons with LED lights or lanterns.
8) You can also play the musical chairs game. Choose one or two guests from each table and try to make it barefoot so no accidents happen.
Which idea do you like better? Did you come up with your own? Have fun at your wedding!!