Getting ready for the wedding does not only involve choosing the perfect dress and a gorgeous hairstyle. Makeup is fundamental for a perfect look and more importantly, preparing your face days before the Day. If you want to do your own make up and preparation, we have prepared a list of steps and tricks you may follow to make an impact with your perfect face.
It is essential to start getting your face ready ahead of time. At least a week before your wedding, exfoliate it and keep it moisturized; as a result, your skin will look fresh and with less fine lines. Make sure you use special eye contour gels or lotions. However, if you do not have these, you may use chamomile tea bags instead. On the rest of the face, use Aloe Vera for at least eight nights before the big day.
Note: It is super important to take into account that if you will need to remove any facial hair, do it at least a week before. You definitely don’t want a red face, swelling or any bubbles in your beautiful bride’s skin.
The day of the wedding, ensure to close your pores so your face is completely ready to get makeup on. You may use some ice cubes or cold water to close them.
Follow this steps and you will get a perfect DIY wedding makeup:
- If you want your makeup to last for at least 12 hours, first apply a makeup primer. A primer is a cream that not only improves the effect of your makeup, but also makes it last longer. You just need to put a bit of the product in your fingertip and spread it through your whole face.
- You have the option to apply a corrector or concealer—or both—if you need to cover any face’s imperfection or balance your skin’s color. A corrector is applied to reduce the redness or yellowness of your skin. To know which color you need, stick to these guidelines:
a) Use green to correct redness or any red area in your face.
b) Choose pink for purple under eye circles if you have a reddish skin tone.
c) To hide brownish blemishes, use peach.
d) If you have olive or tan skin and purple or blueish under eye circles, use yellow.
The concealer is used to hide any blemish or dark circles and it always goes in top of the corrector.
- Apply your foundation (prefer HD foundations to make your face look more natural.) If you are not sure which color to choose, try applying a bit in your forehead and waiting for it to dry and check how it merges into your skin.
- Apply the pressed powder using a brush. Don’t use translucent powder or it won’t last. Be careful when spreading it; you want to avoid lighter spots.
- Use a waterproof liquid eye liner to make sure it stays all day, no matter how many times you cry!
- Remember to put on eye brow make up to define your face.
- You might want to use a long-wear lipstick; however, it is better to go for a regular lipstick and retouch it through the day.
It is vital to try your make up several times before your wedding: trial and error will lead you to perfection. The day of the wedding, bring your make up kit with you to take care of any unexpected imperfection. The most important, enjoy and feel beautiful and confident. You will shine!