After the wedding, you will have time to relax and enjoy your married life. But it couldn’t do any harm to start thinking and planning what you would do to make your first anniversary spectacular and unforgettable. Celebrating the first year of marriage—also known as Paper Wedding—is a very remarkable moment for any couple. However, if you want to make it even more special, take note of these ideas:
- Since it is known as the Wedding Paper, it is a great idea to give something made with paper. What about writing a letter describing what it has meant to spend a whole year by his/her side?
- Organize a romantic dinner at your house. Don’t forget the candles, flowers and of course, the best food. Play nice and love-inspiring background music and let everything flow.
- Get a pair of tickets to any destination to scape for a weekend. Improvisation sometimes means lot more fun. Now, if you have a special place, for example, where you first met, or he proposed, do not hesitate to choose it as your destination to celebrate.
- Book a relaxing session for two at a spa. A tour with hot springs, sauna, Turkish bath and a final massage. You will be like new!
- If you are a faithful follower of the tradition of saving a piece of your wedding cake and eating it on your first anniversary, then it’s time to eat. Open a bottle of champagne to accompany and toast. You will celebrate and remember at the same time!
- Create an album gathering photos of your year of marriage starting with your wedding day. Use footnotes and comments to remind you how happy you felt during those special moments. Review the album together while drinking a glass of wine.
- If you are more traditional, you can always buy you a gift. Get a very special one that serves a reminder of your first anniversary.
No matter what you choose, thank your spouse and keep being happy and loving each other. You will celebrate many more years!